IoT For All, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leverege, is the leading digital media publication within the Internet of Things (IoT) industry where professionals, newcomers, and experts share insights, knowledge, and experience for the betterment of the IoT ecosystem.
As a Full Stack WordPress Developer for IoT For All, you will wear many hats and take ownership of driving the experience of our website forward. You will be responsible for leading the development of features and functionality to grow our highly-engaged user base and improve overall user and customer experience, as well as expand our product into new markets. You will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration, security updates, and performance upgrades.
From the start, you will work hand-in-hand with company leadership to identify opportunities, define feature requirements, execute against release plans, and proactively remove obstacles to deliver on our website and business strategies. In collaboration with stakeholders, you will develop recommendations for how we can streamline our existing toolset, evolve our tools to scale into new potential markets, and empower our teams to showcase content that keeps our audience coming back for more.
As we expand our brand into other potential markets (VR, AI, etc.), you will have the opportunity to lead these development efforts from an early stage to help set the direction of the companion sites.
IoT For All’s momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We are a team of curious, ambitious, and driven individuals with an award-winning culture. Startups are a fast-paced environment and we are looking for someone who can learn quickly, take ownership of projects, provide design mentorship, and further our company’s position as a leader in the Internet of Things industry.
What You’ll Do
- Strategize with internal stakeholders to plan out features and functionality that aligns with team and company objectives.
- Research, design, and implement technical specifications for projects based on user requirements and company goals
- Maintain and execute against the product roadmap for the IoT For All website while growing your understanding of our audience and their behaviors.
- Collect and analyze data to support features development to grow IoT For All’s audience and presence in the market.
- Work with Design to build UI/UX experiences for development
- Improve the overall efficiency of the website’s back-end including database and server integration
- Maintain and optimize the WordPress theme and plugins
- Conduct website performance tests, and execute performance enhancements to improve site speed
- Monitor the performance of the live website and troubleshoot content and user experience issues that arise
- Develop and deliver progress reports and updates to various audiences, including the leadership team and key stakeholders.
- Stay up to date on industry standards and incorporate them appropriately
- Exceptional communicator, both verbal and written
- Sharp at problem-solving and critical thinking. Knows how to use data to make decisions
- An obsession with quality and an eye for detail and design
- Self-starter and fast learner
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute in an ambiguous, dynamic environment with shifting priorities
- Takes a high degree of ownership and responsibility in all situations
- Innate curiosity and hunger to learn
- 3+ years of WordPress development experience. Experience with searchability, performance at scale, site reliability, and SEO ranking is a plus
- 3+ years of PHP development including custom WordPress plugin and theme development
- ASP, and web servers (ISS/Apache) is a plus
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Good understanding of website architecture and experience with UI/UX is a plus
- Ability to manage projects
- Experience with Airtable, Zapier, Figma
- (Bonus) Prior startup experience, ideally in digital media publications