On the podcast today, we have Lax Mariappan. Lax is a web developer based in the Philippines. He’s an Open Source enthusiast, and lover of all things WordPress, and has been tinkering with websites since high school, but it all changed when he discovered WordPress in 2010. Lax currently works as a Backend Engineer at WebDevStudios. We talk today about Headless WordPress, and it’s a complex topic. Headless is the concept of decoupling the WordPress admin from the frontend of the site. WordPress will continue to work as expected, but the presentation layer will be done by a different technology. React, Gatsby and Remix being some popular choices. This implementation of WordPress is complex, requiring technical knowledge above and beyond that needed for a more typical WordPress install, but it has its benefits. Lax explains how problems can crop up, and how it’s possible to plan ahead and build in solutions for all the problems that you might encounter. If you’ve ever thought about going Headless with WordPress, then the podcast today is for you.
- Episode 163 – A Chat With Tom Finley
- WordPress.com Introduces Browse Mode, Style Book, and Push to Global Styles Features
- #746 WP-Tonic This Week in WordPress & SaaS: Round Table Show With Special Guest Jason Cohen, Founder at WP Engine
- 13 -The Membership Machine Show – Best WordPress Affiliate plugins For a Membership Website
- Dev Chat summary, February 1, 2023