Web Developers at Equalize Digital create, maintain, and update features on both internal and customer websites. They work independently to maximize customer success and satisfaction by delivering best-in-class results on each and every task, which frees up senior developers and company leadership to focus on larger projects and other strategic priorities.
- WordPress proficiency. Proven understanding of the WordPress CMS. Solid grasp of WordPress architecture, mainstream themes and plugins, and building custom themes. Experience with Genesis, Astra, Elementor, Gravity Forms, Advanced Custom Fields, Facet WP, Restrict Content Pro, and WooCommerce are all beneficial. Comfortable building websites utilizing the WordPress core block editor and proficient at coding custom WordPress blocks.
- General web/cloud software familiarity. Familiarity with Google Workspace, SMTP, DNS, SSL, Hosting Platforms (Flywheel, WP Engine, Siteground, GoDaddy), Cloudflare, and major browsers / operating systems.
- Observes best practices. Solutions adhere to commonly accepted best practices for accessibility (WCAG), responsive design, page speed, and SEO principles. A solid grasp of web design and UX principles is highly desirable.
- Effective troubleshooter. Able to research, identify, and test solutions independently. Capable of navigating unfamiliar software platforms to achieve specific outcomes. Recognizes when they may have hit a wall and asks for help.
- Naturally helpful. Enjoys helping and communicating with clients directly. Proactively considers client needs and creates a positive, supportive experience.
Culture traits that every team member must have.
- Intelligence. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project.
- Proactivity. Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to the company.
- Integrity. Does not cut corners ethically. Builds trust, maintains confidence and focuses on doing the right thing.
- Adaptability. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Communication. Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. Maintains this standard across all channels of communication.
- Teamwork. Reaches out to peers and cooperates with supervisors to establish an overall collaborative working relationship.
- Open to criticism and ideas. Often solicits feedback and reacts calmly to criticism.
- With limited support from CTO, leads development of new website projects, delivering work that aligns with designs and technical specifications.
- Adds new features to existing websites and collaborates directly with customers to collect feedback and achieve a final deliverable.
- Monitors support channels and project dashboard communications for new tasks and responds appropriately. Prioritizes tasks effectively based on the company’s support policy and feedback from CTO.
- Manage development and support tasks independently, and demonstrates sufficient situational awareness to escalate tasks to the CTO or COO, when appropriate.
- Test and run updates on a handful of complex WordPress environments on a monthly basis. Follows company’s update procedures and proactively investigates update failures, remediating errors/bugs when necessary.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION: Minimum three years in a similar role and either a Bachelors Degree in a relevant field or a Full-Stack Code Bootcamp Certificate.
COMPENSATION: This is a salaried position for 3/4 time (30 hours per week) with potential to increase to full-time within 12 months. Expected starting salary range will be $50k – $60k, depending upon qualifications. Salary will increase when the position goes full-time. Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage is available for US Residents. Paid time off includes 10 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year.