- Do you love creating messages that are unique and impactful to rise above the noise?
- Do you love connecting with people and exploring the potential of social media?
- Do you like to give space to your creativity and create textual and visual content?
- Are you able to convey complex ideas using as few words as possible?
If you answered yes to these questions, we are sure this position will sound super exciting to you.
We are looking for a friendly person in love with communicating with people to take care of Social Media and email content creation for our three products: WP Rocket, Imagify, and RocketCDN.
Keep reading for more details!
Become Our New Social Media & Communication Specialist!
In your job as a Social Media & Communication Specialist, you will build, execute, and optimize social media strategies to attract and interact with targeted audiences. You will also be in charge of our bi-weekly newsletter and write our email campaigns.
You will grab attention, allow our brands to stand out and boost the performance of our marketing campaigns with your words.
In this role, you will report directly to the CMO. You will join our marketing team, which is based in Europe. We work remotely and we are so curious to know which new country will be added to our distributed team map!
What You Will Be Doing:
In your everyday job as a Social Media & Communication Specialist, you will deliver creative and engaging messages through email and Social Media platforms, working closely with the rest of the Marketing team.
Here is a list describing the tasks involved in this position(do you happen to like making lists? So do we!):
- You will research current benchmark trends and audience preferences, keep an eye on what other SaaS companies do, on how our users respond to our campaigns to analyze your work, test new ideas and repeat!
- You will develop a cohesive verbal identity and adapt it to each channel to make our products unique and memorable.
- You will build and execute a social media strategy for WP Rocket, Imagify, and RocketCDN and create social media calendars for each product.
- Every day, you will create, publish, and share engaging social media posts, moderate all user-generated content, and engage with our communities.
- You will be in charge of writing, editing and sending the WP Rocket’s bi-monthly newsletter based on our Content Marketing Manager’s reading suggestions.
- To make our email campaigns stand out and drive more sales, you will find unique angles and subject lines and provide full email copies based on a detailed promo brief.
- To develop brand awareness and engagement, you will suggest and implement new ideas (i.e., contests and giveaways).
- And you will provide social media activity reports and input for improvement.
What Do You Need To Excel at This Job:
Our team is diverse and composed of people from all over the world. Respect, collaboration, and inclusivity are some of our core values (more on this below). Every day of work is an exciting opportunity to get in touch with fantastic people who will enrich your cultural and professional background.
Excellent proficiency in English.
Your English is absolutely perfect. You write with excellent spelling, grammar and proofreading skills, while remaining accessible to a non-native English-speaking audience.
Proven working experience in social media marketing.
Social media has no secrets for you. You know Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and LinkedIn inside out, and you know how to run and measure effective social media strategies.
Communication and storytelling skills.
You can communicate openly with people, and modulate your writing tone according to the platform you write on. Your communication is friendly and engaging, even when you write about very technical topics.
You can juggle different tasks but also ask for help when needed. The team will always be at your side to support you in case of doubt, but relies on you to deliver on time for a seamless collaboration.
Detail and customer-oriented.
You have an eye for detail and a genuine commitment to providing excellent customer experiences, making sure every task is handled with care and tailored to meet customer needs.
Do you want to know three other things we appreciate about our candidates?
- A startup mentality
You are doer, you are adaptable and you like to evolve in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous remote job experience
Slack will be your virtual office, where all the life of the company takes place.
- The involvement in the WordPress community
We support our teammates to attend and/or speak at WordCamps and volunteer within the community.
What You Should Know About Our Company:WP Media
Founded in 2014 in the beautiful Lyon, France, WP Media is an equal opportunity employer with a distributed team of +35 teammates living around the world.
We are best known as the creators of WP Rocket, but we also developed Imagify and RocketCDN.
Do We Share the Same Values?
Mutual respect, collaboration, and inclusivity.
These are the fundamental values that support our life as a team.
Healthy balance between work and private life.
We encourage our employees to enjoy their family and hobbies with flexible working hours and minimum vacation policy. There are no time cards to stamp, only customers to make happy and friendly teammates to work with! We care about the work you do, not about the hours you sit at your desk.
We have a public salary grid. Once a year, when the company does well, we share our profits with the team in the form of bonuses.
Perks and benefits
We want the people on our team to feel that they always receive what they need to shine. This is why we offer:
- Budget for setting up your home office
- Monthly budget for your remote-work expenses
- Free Kindle
We like to see each other in person whenever possible.
Every year, we organize a trip with the whole team and spend a week of coworking and fun activities together.
To give you an idea, so far we have traveled to Spain, Portugal, Mexico and Greece.
Now that we’ve told you so much about us, it’s your turn.
Let us know why you would like to become our Social Media & Communication Specialist and why you think you are the person we are looking for.
We can’t wait to receive your application!