“Before I worked at Inspry, I ran my own small agency, but I have been so much happier over the past four years. I get to code and do what I love rather than worry about my next sales or running a business” – Lead Dev at Inspry
We’re looking for a candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment where working on multiple projects simultaneously and autonomously is the norm. The right candidate loves WordPress and wants to work with it everyday. You should be comfortable being given a scope of work and being able to breakdown the work into subtasks and estimate out the effort involved along with generating a list of any questions you need to complete the work. If you’re a self-starter and want the opportunity to make a real change, you’ll excel here at Inspry!
Who We Are: Inspry is a WordPress and WooCommerce development agency where quality matters. We approach every project with a collaborative team attitude and always strive to make the company better as a whole each time we complete a project together.
What is Expected:
- 3+ Years of WordPress backend development
- Follows the WordPress Developer Handbook best coding practices
- Working knowledge of WordPress core functions, filters & actions
- Exposure and willing to work with Gutenberg, Beaver Builder, and other builders
- Solid knowledge of PHP, JS / CSS, jQuery, and HTML
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting WordPress Plugins
- Adding new website features through commercial or custom plugins
- Creating custom templates and custom fields, taxonomies from scratch and using ACF
- Practical experience with managed host providers such as Cloudways and WPEngine
- Basic understanding of Apache and Nginx configuration files
- Comfortable architecting and connecting to MySQL and MariaDB tables
- Experience working within Git repos and version control
- Writes PHP 8+ compatible code and knows how to refactor older code
- Debugging code as issues arise and optimizing for performance
- Integrating third party APIs using REST, SOAP, etc.
- Solid knowledge of best security practices
- Experience with cross-browser & device testing
- Ability to work full-time (40 hours/week) with a 6 hour overlap with EST time zone
- Fluency in English to communicate effectively with team
- Comfortable with autonomy and knows where to go to find answers
Major Plus, but Not Expected:
- WooCommerce experience
- React / Node experience
- Google Cloud experience
- E2E or automated testing experience
- Contributions or experience to public plugins in the WordPress repo
What You Get:
- Remote work from home
- Flexible work / life balance
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Room for monetary and career growth
- Opportunities to bring your own ideas
- Medical insurance and retirement benefits for those who live in the US once full-time
We are looking for someone to work initially on a contract basis who can be moved to a full-time position in 3 months. We will review applicants and send over an initial online test first. Once that is complete, we will pick candidates to interview and then have a coding test following that. Please email us with the subject ‘Inspry Backend WordPress Developer Position’ along with one of your favorite functions you have wrote, links to any sample repo or code files, your resume and your desired monthly or annual pay rate. No agencies please.
Inspry is committed to a diverse workforce. We evaluate applicants regardless of an individual’s age, race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.