Learn Elementor and unleash a powerful & free page builder for WordPress with this Elementor course. With it, you can drag and drop your way to a powerful website design. Elementor works a little differently from most page builders. For a start, you design live on the front-end of your site, not in the back-end Dashboard.
The free version is a page-builder that comes with dozens of beautiful widgets and templates that you can use to build your web page content with pixel perfect precision. It’s an impressive and well-established page-builder.
The Pro version of Elementor will blow you away! If you have ever been frustrated trying to make your WordPress theme look like the demo you saw on the theme’s homepage, you are not alone. Most themes require extra plugins and an in-depth knowledge of the support documentation to make it look anything like the one that drew you to it in the first place. With Elementor Pro, you don’t need to ever feel that frustration again. Elementor Pro gives you the same drag and drop page builder, but also allows you to create your own WordPress theme, designed exactly as you want it.
This Elementor course covers both the free and paid versions of Elementor.
After a discussion of why you should learn Elementor, you’ll install the plugin and a theme. We’ll then cover:
- How to borrow inspiration from other websites, to craft your own unique design. That includes choosing the right fonts and colours for your site.
- We’ll look at the box model and you’ll learn how padding and margin can affect placement of elements on the page.
- We’ll take a look at Hex colour codes.
- We’ll go through all of the back-end settings, including how to install custom fonts and icons (for Pro users).
- You’ll become familiar with the front-end Elementor interface as we go through all of the menu and settings.
- You’ll get to know how an Elementor page is structured using sections, columns and elements. At this stage, I’ll set you a few design tasks and then go over the solutions in detail.
- You’ll learn how to use templates so that you can create a design element once, and re-use it as many times as you want. You can even export your templates from one site and import them into another.
- You’ll see why global widgets are a powerful asset in your toolbox.
- For Pro users, we’ll look at building an entire theme with Elementor, based on the inspiration we got earlier in the course. We’ll see how different templates can be created and used in different areas of the site design. We’ll create templates for the site header, footer, blog page, 404 page, single post template & archive page template. Will design the homepage. We’ll design a landing page. We’ll even design a popup and set the trigger conditions to define when it shows on your site.
- Elementor offers you some great tools, including motion effects. These can be used to bring movement to your pages, so we’ll look at those.
- How (and why) we can use and integrate advanced custom fields and custom post types into our site design.
- And finally, we’ll look at mobile optimization. This powerful set of tools will allow you to check (and fix) your site design so that it looks great on a desktop, tablet AND mobile phone.
Elementor was created for every site owner that wants to create beautiful web content. It was created to allow you to design the site YOU want. This course teaches you how to use it!