On the podcast today, we have Damon Cook. He’s a longtime user of WordPress, trying it first in around 2008. He’s worked for some of the largest WordPress agencies over the years, but his current role is that of Developer Advocate with WP Engine, where he engages with the WordPress community, trying to figure out where WordPress is headed. Damon is on the podcast to talk about styling WordPress, and how it’s changing. Block-based themes are revolutionising website styling. You’re going to be able to change any aspect of your website from the UI that you’re familiar with. The hope is that it’ll make styling more accessible to a wider audience. Damon talks about the fact that we’re in a period of flux right now. The documentation and tooling needed to work with website styles is maturing, but is by no means complete. We talk through some new concepts which are underpinning all of this.
- IPQualityScore Fraud Detection Plugin for WooCommerce & WordPress
- Flywheel vs SiteGround: Which Is Better for WordPress
- WordPress dev livestream: Extending the WP REST API – modifying responses
- Let’s code: extending the WP REST API – modifying responses
- Weekly WordPress News: Experience the new and improved Yoast SEO version 20 with a revamped user interface for settings. Easier, more intuitive, and fun to use. Upgrade now!