It’s the 18th episode of our “Thinking the Unthinkable” series and our topic is "Who needs a Content Management System (CMS) anyway?" Have you noticed how you obsess about all the amazing things that you can do with your client websites? Imagine if they did this, or, you know what would double your revenue... you could do this. A few months after launch you realise that they're using none of the functionality that you painstakingly built! WordPress is a truly capable Content Management System (CMS), but do most of our clients really need it? Can they make use of all that's possible, or should we be pointing them towards other options, like static sites. We talk about our history with CMS's as well as when we think that WordPress is the 'best fit' for clients.
- State of the Word Watch Party 2023 (Online replay)
- PSA: Fake CVE-2023-45124 Phishing Scam Tricks Users Into Installing Backdoor Plugin
- X-post: Embracing Matrix for Enhanced Communication
- Web Design Trends 2024: A Sneak Peek Into What’s Hot Next Year
- How to Reset Your WordPress Database to Default Settings